Wednesday, October 31, 2012

happy halloween

Happy Halloween!

As a kid, Halloween was one of my favorite holidays. I couldn't wait for October to come and to begin planning out my costume. One of my favorites was when I dressed up as Madonna! haha I was maybe 8 or 9 and one of my mother's friends sewed me this awesome little lace mini skirt and lace tank top! I wore leggings under the skirt and had these little lace fingerless gloves. Yeah, Madonna in the 80's not really a role model for an 8 year old to dress up like her, but I thought it was so awesome. I wore gobs of makeup and dangly earrings. Who doesn't like a slutty 8 year old?! 

I went trick-or-treating well into middle school. I guess being teeny pays off on one holiday! I'm not a big candy fan though. I used to give my dad all the chocolate bars (or anything chocolate for that matter) and my mom always got the reeces pieces. 

Bringing home that bag of treats was always this great joy and excitement  To dump out all the candy and sift through it all. Of course, even then, my type A personality of having to sort things into piles by type of candy was well in swing. 

While I won't be trick-or-treating or dressing up for any fun parties, it's still one of my favorite holidays. It's also the one day of the year that my house actually is the coolest one on the block without even decorating it! 

Hope everyone has a great Halloween!