Monday, March 03, 2014

Currently..

It's been ages since I have shared anything going on in my personal life. During the winter I usually turn into even more of a hermit and just like alone time. But I'm starting to get a little antsy, wanting this 'winter of forever' to end. As I sit here writing this, there is still at least two feet of snow on the ground and it's currently snowing and miserable out. We haven't had a winter like this in quite a few years so I think everyone is ready for it to be over.

So while I'm stuck inside and feeling in the sharing mood I will let you in on my "currently" ..

(I cannot wait for spring/summer!)


Thinking about: Spring. Getting excited for the weekly Farmer's markets to start back up and all the new products that will be added to the shop. We are also coming up with an entirely new and amazing set up. 

I'm also dreaming about our house. As you all (may or may not know) we have been living in a very long, never ending renovation project. The upstairs has been torn out for a long time, but then the mister decided to tear out our bedroom that was downstairs. Neither of us planned on him leaving his job a week after he demoed the room though. So the room stayed demolished. It's a full year (actually 15 months) later and we are rearing to go. We have complete focus and over the next month he will begin working on the hallway and bedroom (now going to be my 'soap room'). I can't even express how excited I am to get these projects that have been looming completed and to have a home where I'm not embarrassed to have people stop by. It's definitely going to take some time to get all these projects done. But I am looking forward to it and will be documenting every step of the way.

Watching:  Just finished season two of House of Cards and will be starting the last season of Breaking Bad today. I've also been watching The Pitch every day when I work out on the elliptical. I think I missed my calling. I should have gone into advertising. I watch that show and come up with so many more (and better) ideas and tag lines than they do. Maybe I need to start my own ad company.

Listening: The humming of my computer and fast typing of my fingers. Polly groaning and making silly noises as she sleeps. I love working in complete silence. Something to be said about just sitting and being able to focus on your words and thoughts instead of constant noise that many people need to fill the background.

Making: Designing my deodorant labels in hopes to get them ordered within the next week. The basic layout is complete, just tweaking the final touches. I cannot wait to get these up in the shop. Two scents, both equally amazing and a long time coming.

Anticipating: The next two weeks to go by quickly. (insert work mumbo-jumbo here) But I do also have something potentially good coming up in these next two weeks as well. Deep breaths and fingers crossed for that moment as well. 

Planning: Shop updates and trying to come up with ideas to reach more people. Any suggestions?? 

Loving: The fact that my taxes are completed and we will have a chunk of money to get some more things done on the house. Also loving that Spring is just around the corner and I will get to play in my gardens soon. This year we are making sure to get all the boxes filled with compost and fully usable. How awesome, to just walk into my front yard to get our veggies for that nights dinner..

What are you currently doing?

(A winner was also drawn for the Burrowing Home giveaway - Click here to see if you were the lucky winner. If you didn't win this time, please make sure you keep your eyes peeled as there are many more giveaways that are scheduled for the upcoming months!)