Wednesday, April 10, 2013

wiw vol 15 Kumare


2011 - NR - 84 minutes
Streaming Netflix - Documentaries

Storyline

A documentary about a man who impersonates a wise Indian Guru and builds a following in Arizona. At the height of his popularity, the Guru Kumaré must reveal his true identity to his disciples and unveil his greatest teaching of all.


I really enjoyed this movie. Being that I'm not religious it made me understand what he was trying to do and his message he was trying to get out. I think that religious people could possibly look at it the wrong way, and possibly even be upset by what he does. 
I actually thought it was going to be a lot different than it was. I went into it thinking he was making fun of religion and that it was going to be just a silly documentary that wasn't going to really have an impact. But I was in for a pleasant surprise. 
His message is that you don't need these false prophets (these people that take your money and and tell you what to think and how to feel.) Your spirituality is within you. It's amazing what the power of suggestion can do and how strong of an impact it can make on someone. A definite must watch.