Wednesday, April 17, 2013

wiw vol 16 Children Underground


2001 - NR- 104 minutes
Streaming Netflix - Documentaries


Storyline

This documentary explores the tragic policy by Romanian dictator Nicolei Ceaucescu to outlaw the use of contraceptives and encourage his impoverished populace to have more children. Thousands of children were born to broken or dysfunctional families in a nation mired in political and economic instability, resulting in a large and rapidly growing population of homeless children in the city of Bucharest.


I think the majority of this movie my hand was covering my mouth and I was just simply in shock. These small children all living in the streets and it seems as though no one is doing anything about it. It's insanity and heartbreaking. I really don't have words to express the feelings you take away after watching this movie.