Sunday, April 15, 2012

studio update

I am up and running! While there are still a few cosmetic things that need to happen to the inside of my studio, it is now a fully operational mini hut!!! My torch was set up today and everything is running beautiful. Which means tomorrow morning instead of me going to work - I am going into my studio. While it looks like a have a lot of glass, I really don't so I will have to order some more asap. But I also have long rods wrapped up in bubble wrap that needs to be cut to length. I can't even explain how excited I am. A little terrified in a way too. I will be on my own, in my hut, with a torch. I already joked that I may come back to work next week with a shaved head. Kevin said he sees himself coming home from work tomorrow with me standing in the back yard, with a hose and my hut in flames. haha hopefully that is not in my future!






























It's been such a long time coming, I almost don't know what to do with myself. I see many burns in my future. As long as my hair doesn't go up in flames I will be all set.

I hope everyone enjoyed my first installment of Buy Handmade, Behind the Scenes. I am already booked through May 20th. If you know a shop (or have your own handmade shop on Etsy) and would like to be featured, please leave a comment and get in touch with me. I'd love to have you.