Friday, February 01, 2013

fff vol 51

Favorite finds from the last week: 


Etsy find of the week:



While I'm not a fan of coffee.. (actually I've never drank it but I know I would never be a coffee drinker. Especially seeing that I don't drink anything with caffeine. thats all beside the point) I came across this on Etsy and thought it looked awesome. My mister LOVES coffee. I think it flows in his veins. I may have to get him a package and see how he likes it. The packaging itself sells it! They have four different flavors. If you are a coffee drinker, check them out. Some of their profits also go to sponsor a local soup kitchen. Just good stuff.


Please can I move in?


Can you imagine this view? And if you say yes and that you wake up to that daily you best be sending me a one way plane ticket to your house. I swear I don't take up much room, and don't eat very much. I also am a great baker - I'll keep you plump on treats for payment.


Get in my belly... 



I always gravitate toward the homemade style cookies. Never anything with the frills and fanciness. I love more rustic and gramma-type desserts. So, these are definitely right for me. They look like they would be so amazing and citrus-y. A friend of mine from work gave me a ricotta cookie recipe that is very similar to this with orange zest and those cookies were amazing. So I can almost taste what these would be like. I may need to make these this weekend.


Tee shirt Dress of the week from Modcloth:



I'm starting a very cute dress collection for when the Farmer's Market starts up in the spring. This one would be so cute to add to that collection. 100% cotton, how I love cotton dresses!


So happy February everyone. How it is already February is insanely crazy to me. One month is already gone of 2013. Time just is flying by. 

This weekend the mister is headed out to see his family in Boston and I'll be home left to my own devices for three days. Just me and the girls. I'll be fine. While it will be quiet, I have lots of activities planned. Soap making, ordering more soap supplies and more organizing, working on my mother's blanket, possibly working 5 hours (hasn't been approved yet), baking some cookies!, reading (I went to the library the other day and picked up a few exciting books), watching random shows on Netflix that are too girly or things the mister would never want to watch and/or make fun of me for watching. Popcorn party with the girls (they love popcorn/movie nights)I'm sure it will fly by and I won't even get to half of the things I want to. But thats the fun of a weekend when you are totally on your own. I can eat popcorn and candy for dinner and not worry about it. 

Have a great weekend all. Anyone have exciting plans? What do you tend to do when you are home alone?