Tuesday, July 03, 2012

some more lemons...

I've had quite the week. K and I joke that if we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all. Such a dorky, cliche thing to say. I obviously know life can be worse..it just always seems that we can't win. As soon as it looks like something decent is going to happen to us - we get put back 10 steps further back. Case in point. K has been trying to sell his truck. This truck has been nothing but a lemon since we bought it. The only positive thing it had going for it is that it had been paid off for quite a long time. But we just seemed to always be sinking lots of money into it. Nothing small could ever happen, it always seemed to cost over $500 (sometimes 1000+) each time something new would go wrong. I've been telling him to get rid of the thing forever (seriously YEARS). I do not want to sink any more money into it, and will not sink anymore into it. So this about sums up my life...

Last night someone came looked at it said they were going to buy it and would pick it up today. We were so excited. Finally to get rid of it and get some extra, much needed money.

So today .. the guy asked if it could be driven out to him .. on the way to take it to the guy .. it breaks down! YES. This is my life! The thing has run fine for the past 12-18 months since it's last major malfunction. I guess it just knew it was time. Luckily it broke down right near a friend's shop. Turns out it needs a fuel pump....600$+ seriously? I mean COME ON, seriously?!

Ok, I know this is petty. I know I shouldn't be as upset as I am about it. I'm just so sick of this being how everything seems to turn out! Like I said, I need to look at the bright side of things. Look at the fact that the guy still wants to buy it. We just have to get it fixed and it will be taken care of by the weekend. Not that I wanted this to happen to someone else. But why couldn't it have just waited a week! That's horrible. I'm now going to hell for wishing something bad to happen on someone else. I would have felt terrible had I found out that had happened after we sold it. But how crappy is it to think you are going to be depositing x amount of dollars into your bank account, to life turning upside down and you shelling out money you don't have, to have something fixed you aren't keeping!

Some days life simply just sucks lots of lemons.

Just a minor hiccup. Sorry for the vent, but I actually feel a little better just venting it out. Now I can shake my head and laugh at how stupid our luck is.

Anyone else have anything retarded happen to them this week? Please share so I know I'm not the only one sucking lemons..cause you know the whole misery loves company thing...