Wednesday, February 15, 2012

hello. my name is Trisha and I can never make a decision

Yes. I have been updating my blog again. I have a problem. I get it almost to the way I think I may want it to look. Then. Yes. I change it. I start second guessing myself and the choices I have made into designing it. Or I start looking at other blogs and seeing little things I like about the design and then I want to change the design of mine all over again. This is a problem. Having a blog should not be about what it looks like. The outward appearance should not have you waking up in the middle of the night thinking of coding and how to manipulate something. I will work on this. Maybe there is a 12 step program I can enroll in.

I've always known my decision making skills were a problem. I just want to make everyone else happy. So if someone asks me what I would like for dinner. IF I answer them, I immediately ask them and if they give the slightest indication they want something else I will change my answer and go with what the other person wants.

Today, case in point. I went to go get a couple skeins of yarn. I wanted a mint color and a pink color because the pink I bought the other day, well it was just TOO pink. Even when I walked around the store with it, putting it back on the shelf roughly 10 times, then picking it back up again, I knew it wasn't right. But finally I just bought it after 20 minutes of terrorizing myself with trying to make the decision and figured it was easier to buy it then to keep going back and forth. Plus I'm sure mister was beginning to wonder where I was! So back to today. I grabbed the other pink I was going to get on my last venture there. So I grabbed the mint and the pink. But then! I saw there was ANOTHER shade of mint. Slightly different. Slightly darker. I'm talking a SMIDGE. I stood staring at them with the sheer look of horror. The conversation that followed went something like this:
K immediately said "OH GOD! Here we go."
Me: "oh goodness!! They are SO much a like! Oh man, oh man!
K shaking his head - "Pick one!"
So I just grabbed one - but then how do the yarn gods do this to me, I noticed the pink- there were two shades, again almost identical but ever so slightly different.
I stood again powerless and with my mouth half open. One skein in each hand, looking from one to the other. So..I decided on the one little bit darker pink because it reminds me of raspberry sorbet. (my favorite) So then..the conversation went something like this..

K: Well if you are going to pick that one, you should pick the darker mint as well.
Me: Yeah, definitely. Give it here.
K: (shaking his head) That's just my opinion. You don't have to take it.
Me: No, I better take it. I like these (as I stood hugging the new skeins) - Yay! It reminds me of raspberry sorbet. Yumm raspberry sorbet........
K: (muttering) I'll give you a raspberry sorbet...I bet these security cameras have you picking up and putting down all these yarns and the people watching them must think you are a crazy person.
Me: Yeah- hours and hours of footage of me holding up different yarns, walking around the store, going back and putting them away, then 5 minutes later picking up the same yarns and holding them next to one another again...

hahaha. I think this story is my 1, 2 and 3 for 3tf. Welcome to a snippet of my daily life. Oh what would I do without mister?!

Okay, off to go crochet and watch x-files. I'm currently working on a baby blanket for my shop.. Here's a sneak peek:


It's one large granny square, after the golden color is a dark heather grey, then I started and added that center tanish color for the last bit. (of course) I am second guessing myself about that color being in the blanket! K told me last night. "It looks good. LEAVE it alone!" So I'm leaving it. It's not for my baby! I'm thinking 32" x32" should be a good size for a baby blanket for their crib or stroller? I don't have any miniature humans, nor do I want them. So I'm a bit lost on what size would be convenient. Any suggestions?I'm excited to get started on the next one tho (that's what the pink and mint colors are for).

have a good night! Yay for it being Thursday tomorrow.