Tuesday, August 28, 2012

drum roll please......


Introducing... THE HIVE botanicals. The labor of love I've been working on for months and months is almost ready to be launched. While I'm not going to open my shop until the beginning of October, I figured I would give everyone a sneak peak.



If you are wondering why the delay in opening my shops doors, it's because I am going to be taking part in a craft show the first weekend in October. So I have been crazy busy trying to get product ready for the show. Seeing that soap takes 4-6 weeks to cure, I have to have everything made by the beginning of September. I want to be able to take as much as possible with me to the show..hence..the doors will stay closed at this time. I'll continuing producing all through September so that I will be fully stocked come October.

I will be selling 15 different "flavors" of soaps, 8 different "flavors" of lip balms, a salve (that can be used on fresh tattoos to pesky burns), and scrubbie wash clothes that I have been crocheting up.

Here is a mock up of the lip balm logo/package. They will come in 1/2 oz tins, which is way more than you usually get in those little plastic push-ups. Plus it's earth friendly packaging!
It's a quick mock up. Anything can still change! Up until this past weekend the fonts, design and layout were all completely different! You all know me enough by now that you know I would never be able to not change my mind on this sort of thing at least once, twice, three times...

I can't even explain how exciting this has all been to me and how gratifying it is to see everything finally come together after months and months of research and development. The soaps are amazing, as are the lip balms. The mister and I have been using the soaps every day and they are super sudsy and moisturizing. I'm just finalizing scents and different soaps I'm going to be offering. Lots of work but hopefully it pays off!!

Just wanted to give y'all a sneak peak into what I have been so feverishly working on these past few months!!