Thursday, August 02, 2012

The yummiest, tastiest lemonade you will ever squeeze


The best lemonade I think I ever had drank was at our antique show we go to each year. It was fresh squeezed and had a little bit of pulp in it - was pretty sugary and tart. Just perfect. But expensive. Holy man was it expensive. Like, $8 for a glass! I know that my eyes popped out of my head a little when they told me the price but I love lemonade and I never really get anything for myself - so why not. I bought it. And boy, it was sooooo delicious. Those same people are actually at the farmer's market I go to each week. But I'm so cheap I never buy one. 

Enter, the lemonade pitcher. I knew I needed the perfect lemonade recipe to put in it..



Yummiest lemonade in the world:

You'll need:
Lemons - (7-10) however many you can use that will yield you one cup of juice
Water
Simple Syrup (sugar & water)

What you need to do:
Okay, pour one cup of sugar and one cup water into a pan and heat until the sugar dissolves.  While that is dissolving, squeeze your lemons. If you are a real woman you do it by hand (just kidding - it sucks doing it by hand and I need to find a little thing-a-ma-bob (technical term) that will help me with this action. The first time I made it I used 7 lemons, this last one took 10- go figure. You are supposed to "roll" the lemons and in theory it helps loosen them to make it easier to squeeze. Who knows if this is true or not. But yeah, I "rolled" my lemons first, cut in half and squeezed and squeezed until my fingers were purple. Do this over and over again, until you have a cup. Then I took a small strainer, put it over the top of my pitcher and poured in the juice. Pour in the simple syrup. Then add 3 cups of water. I also took one more lemon and cut slices and added them to the pitcher. Stir. Chill.

It's such a simple recipe, but oh soooo good. Well that is, if you like lemonade (who doesn't like lemonade?!)


Serve with some ice and go kick you feet up and drink the best darn lemonade you'll ever drink. If you have a recipe that outdoes this one. Please let me know, because I think this one is a winner!