Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Market Madness


The market was wonderful this past weekend. The loot: carrots, hamburger patties, pork chops, zucchini, corn on the cob, cucumbers, eggplant, cherries, nectarines, yellow watermelon, eggs, semolina bread and cinnamon raisin bread. (also if you notice a Polly nose is in the shot)

The cucumbers are actually for some soap I'm making up this week and the zucchini, that's for some delicious bread I think I will make today.

Saturday was my sister's big blow out BBQ. I didn't know over 3/4 of the people there. So my brother, myself and the mister decided to go on an adventure in their woods (they have over 150 acres). I thought it would be a nice little hike in the woods and that it would be cooler in there (it was over 100 and HUMID) So off we went..


We stopped and hung out with the alpacas and goats for a few minutes (I think she has four or five of each). They also have a donkey! The mister took a picture but he must not have loaded it to instagram. So after making fun of the donkey's poofy butt for a few minutes we began our adventure.

We found one of their many trails and began walking..walking straight UP. I figured that it couldn't just keep climbing up and so steep but kept going. We found lots of blackberries along the way and we joked that if we got lost we'd have food to keep us alive until the rescuers came looking. As we kept going..up and up which seemed like an eternity..I started to feel super lightheaded and thought I was going to pass out! I guess my morning eliptical trainer workouts are not getting me in as good of shape as I thought! haha But hey, it was also 100+ degrees! That's my defense and I'm sticking to it!


Mister snapped this picture on the last decent (which totally does not look bad here - but really, I'm not making it up, it was steep!). That's me in the background flipping him off and that's my uber tall and skinny brother, Brent wearing flip flops on the adventure. 

It was gorgeous up there, despite the prickers giving me lacerations around my ankles and the insanely steep climbs. When we came out everyone commented on how red my face was - for a good hour.."Are you okay, you're face is so red?!" UGH! I hate the fact my face gets so red all the time. The mister jokes and tells people it's because I'm an alcoholic, the bastard. I wish I had 150 acres of woods to explore every day. As much as it sucked and I don't want to do that walk again when it's 100 degrees out, I'd love to be able to walk that every day. You'd be in awesome shape in no time! I was told they have two waterfalls. So I will have to go explore and find those soon as well.

Monday marked my first day of vacation. I woke up and started my day by diving right into my front garden project. I should have taken a "before" picture. It was SO overgrown and crazy with weeds it was insane. The weather was perfect and no humidity so I stayed out there a little longer than I had planned, working away pulling weeds. This morning as I type this it's only 60 out, I'm in pure heaven! I'm going to have a slice of our homemade cinnamon toast and get back out there to work before the sun is in full force. Then back inside to make my next two batches of soap..then crocheting in the backyard. Ahhhh, vacation. Yes, I am probably one of the only weirdos that gets up at 6:30 every day on her vacation and has projects and works the entire time. I promise to take pictures of progress today and will post them later in the week (both garden and soaps)

Last night was another one of those perfect nights..we ordered pizza and ate outside next to a fire talking and listening to Mumford and Sons...I wish every night could be a night like that..hopefully tonight will be another one.