Tuesday, November 27, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Movies - #11



My next pick was an immediate favorite. But I always get confused if I should be watching it at Halloween or at Christmas!?

Nightmare Before Christmas


Jack Skellington, the pumpkin king of Halloween Town, is bored with doing the same thing every year for Halloween. One day he stumbles into Christmas Town, and is so taken with the idea of Christmas that he tries to get the resident bats, ghouls, and goblins of Halloween town to help him put on Christmas instead of Halloween -- but alas, they can't get it quite right. 

This movie came out while I was in high school. One of my best friends and I went to the movies repeatedly when it hit the theaters, we also bought the figures. I now own the entire set of original figures that came out in 1993 as  well as other random merchandise. Most prized though are three original figures, cast of the molds of the actual figures from the movie! All numbered and signed. Quite exciting the random things you can buy as an adult haha. 

If you have never seen this movie, I highly recommend you drop whatever you are doing at this moment and rent it. And if you have watched it before..watch it again this holiday season.