Monday, November 12, 2012

Market Mondays


The indoor farmer's market was amazing. I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures but I did get this picture off their website. (It didn't snow this weekend - it was actually gorgeous and in the mid 60's here!) It was such an adorable space. We got there right as they were opening and it was already buzzing with people. Inside is tiny, so it was semi chaos of people bumping into one another, hence me not taking pictures! But everyone's tables and displays were gorgeous. I promise to take pictures the next time its open, which will be the Saturday following Thanksgiving. 


This weeks haul; chicken, t-bones, hamburg, pork shoulder, spaghetti squash, eggplant, apples (for a crazy enormous Thanksgiving apple pie I have planned! one full peck into ONE pie! it will be amazing!), carrots, tomatoes, eggs, french bread, fougasse aux herbs bread.

We got home and were putting things away thinking we didn't really get very much. I think we were both a little overwhelmed with the new set up for the market and believe me when I say it was packed to the gills. Plus, you know the type, people walk right in front of you while you are looking or about to buy something. Knock into you without apologizing. And basically act like you are invisible. So we got what we got.. we'll be better prepared next time!

I must mention these breads a little more in detail.

Fougasse Aux Herbs:
This bread smells amazing! We had it last night with our t-bones and it was perfection!

Classic French Bread:
We ate this with our meal on Saturday; a roast with mashed potatoes, gravy and carrots. All fresh from the market. The dinner is one of my favorites and a slice of this bread along side of it just added to my happy dance while eating!


Both the breads were made by a woman that we had met when we had gone to Kelly and Adam's back in the early Fall. She had many other pastries that all looked and smelled delicious. But because I was already planning on creating my variation on the Glazed Doughnut Muffins we ended up just getting the breads. 

Stop back tomorrow to check out my Glazed Doughnut Muffins - You'll be glad you did!