Thursday, November 29, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Movies - #9


Keeping in line with the old classics of my childhood ... another week night special movie that would make me jump up and down in my nightgown in anticipation for Christmas morning...

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer


Storyline

Sam the snowman tells us the story of a young red-nosed reindeer who, after being ousted from the reindeer games because of his beaming honker, teams up with Hermey, an elf who wants to be a dentist, and Yukon Cornelius, the prospector. They run into the Abominable Snowman and find a whole island of misfit toys. Rudolph vows to see if he can get Santa to help the toys, and he goes back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. But Santa's sleigh is fogged in. But when Santa looks over Rudolph, he gets a very bright idea...

I always felt like I belonged with the misfit toys. I think it's a great story with a deeper meaning that I'm sure most kids don't really understand at a young age. I'll always be a misfit toy.